Currently, the machines in the lab have a mixture of redhat versions ranging from redhat 7 to rhel 5. Machines named fp* tend to have redhat 7.3 or redhat 9. Machines named after concepts tend to be running various flavors of redhat enterprise linux.
There is a strong desire in the group to migrate to a more modern distribution, especially with regards to machines being acquired as a result of Ram's Pioneer Award.
I intend to use this area to keep track of various issues encountered while migrating from redhat to debian based ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
- create network install depot (or usb?)
- install ramp - need to get test cases
- dhcp server
- install ubuntu 10.04 LTS in virtual machine
- install common packages, make sure everything work as expected
- verify nagios, ganglia and hadoop
- ganglia, nagio
- cloudera packages