CANDOER (Cando Web App) guidelines. This is just a starter for now. This page is in making and content would be added/edited as and when required.
- Device/Browser is the boss
- Progressive enhancement
- Minimalistic and consistent design
- Modular coding
- Do not use pixels (px) and points (pt) in defining size. Instead, use *em* for fontsize and *percentage* (%) to define any other size such as, layout, box size, image size, etc.
Reason: pixels defined fonts/images are device independent and would act weirdly on retina display devices.
- Use jQuery to define every UI. It not only gives cross-browser compatibility but also degrades gracefully if viewed in an outdated browser.
Reason: HTML5 is implemented differently in different browsers. Also, jQuery has advanced touch implementations such as *tap* which is more responsive than native HTML5 *click* button. Hence, considering cross-browser compatibility and consistency, jQuery is a better option as of today (16May2013).
- Avoid images (excepting logo), use CSS or jQuery-UI to represent colour instead.
Reason: CSS is consistent and renders faster than images. Every image is a challenge for cross-browser/device view consistency.
- Avoid Java and Java dependent tools/plugins.
Reason: Most browsers consider Java applications as a threat. Few other browsers do not support Java entirely.
- I - Compound Specific:
- IUPAC name
- Cando ID
- 2D structure file (mol, mol2, PDB?)
- 3D structure file (mol, mol2, PDB?)
- Source (FDA, Natural compounds...)
- External links (Chemspider ID, ChEMBL ID, DrugBank ID, ...)*
- Physico-Chemical Properties*
- II - Protein Specific:
- E.C. Number (if available)*
- Pfam (necessary?) *
- Structure file : None / Modeled / PDB
- Do we have cando ID for proteins?*
- III - Indication Specific:
- Therapeutic compounds
- Implicated proteins
- Causative agent(s)
- Key words (protein name; compound name; ...)
- IV - Collaborator Specific:
- GeoLocation *
- V - CANDO generated:
- Protein/compound matrix as generated by COFACTOR-ROCS
- COFACTOR BINDING SITES (to add)
- COAFACTOR ligand/CANDO compound ROCS scores (to add)
- VI - Miscellaneous:
\*Potential future additions and I am not aware if such data already exists.